Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 72

"Hi, Gros!" Beth said brightly, bursting into the apartment.
"Oh... hi, Beth..." Gros replied quietly from the couch, shrinking slightly into the couch, Beth's computer open on her lap.
"How's it going?" Beth leapt over Erin, who was still asleep on the floor, on her way to the room to dump her backpack.
"Fine I guess..." Gros tilted the laptop screen down slightly.
"You sure?" Beth peered back into the living room suspiciously. "Wait a minute... what are you looking at?"
"Nothing!" Gros replied defensively, shielding the laptop screen from view. Beth furrowed her brow and crossed the living room to the couch.
"Give me the computer, Gros," she commanded, trying to wrestle it away.
"No!" Gros protested, clearly trying to click out of her internet browser window before Beth could see what was on it. Beth finally managed to get the upper hand, and her eyes widened in horror as she saw what was on the screen.
"GROSLAND!" she scolded. "What have I told you about using my computer to look up this sort of thing?!" Gros avoided her eyes, staring sheepishly at the floor without answering.
"I'm revoking your computer privileges for a week. I'm keeping my computer with me until I'm convinced that you can be trusted not to defile my hardrive with your... habits..."Beth continued sternly.
"I'm sorry, Beth..." Gros said, almost inaudibly. "I just wanted to look up how my team was doing in the world cup. It was just for a second. I didn' t think--"
"You didn't think I'd find out that you were looking up sports news on my computer?! Think again! You look that stuff up on your own computer, dangit! I don't want to find any more google searches for soccer rankings or football scores in my browser history. It's SICK I tell you! I don't want any part of it!"
"What's your problem?" Erin grunted, stirring and looking blearily up at them from the floor. "Did Gros use your computer to look up soccer things again?"
"Yes!" said Beth, sounding very perturbed. "She needs to learn to keep her sports to herself."
"Hmm..." Erin nodded, then paused for a long moment, seemingly in consideration. "Y'know, guys..." she said finally. "I think we might be really really weird..." The other two nodded in agreement. The three all seemed to disappear into their own thoughts for a while. The silence was eventually broken as Erin spoke again.
"So anyway... I taught the goblins to sing Phantom of the Opera. Anybody up for an impromptu performance now that we have enough people to play all the parts?"
Gros and Beth grinned and agreed.
"I get to be Carlotta!" said Gros.
"Wouldn't have it any other way," Erin smiled.

3 comments:

Jessica Grosland said...

World CUP, Erin. Not World Series. That's baseball.

I still can't believe we lost to Sweden. Blast!

(*looks around shoulder for Beth's angry face*)

The best part is that most of this ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Including me getting my computer privileges revoked. :(

The Erin said...

Heck if I know anything about soccer. You want it to be accurate, YOU write it.

Robin said...

I'm so proud that you've carried a love of sports into the world with you. Nothing to hide or be ashamed of. You may be amazed some day to learn how attractive that is to men!

When will you and the goblins be putting on a show for the public?