Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 14

Today was Mother's Day.

Mothers are incredible. This holiday usually serves only to remind us that we can never repay our mothers for what they have done in our lives. They raised us, they loved us before anyone else, they made us who we are. What gift can we give, what words can we say, that could possibly communicate our endless gratitude?

To quote someone brilliant: "All I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

We're grateful that we live so close to home, and were able to go see/hug our mothers in person. For those of you who couldn't, we hope you at least called them. Because mothers are the best.

There simply aren't words to communicate how awesome mothers are, so I'm going to end this blog post now, before the rambling gets too annoying. I guess the moral of the story is this:

Thanks, Mom.

Not to derail from the sentimental track we're on, but there are a few more things that it's probably important to mention. Okay... actually there's only one... here it is: since Erin is going to visit her brother's family in Omaha for a week, our team is going to be divided for a bit. Grosland and Beth are not happy about this turn of events. Erin is sorry and submits a tentative request that they please not hit her again... But really, we're all a bit somber about it; silly, because it's only a week, but it feels like it's going to be longer. We've gotten far too used to seeing each other every day. Erin will try to have fun, despite the two sets puppy eyes clearly burned into her brain. To make a long story short, the blog posts will be split up for the next week. From one end you'll get Erin's tales of thrilling adventure in the harsh jungles of Nebraska, and from the other you will get increasingly cryptic ramblings typed through gales of tears from the apartment as Beth and Gros try to function in Erin's absence. But... y'know, not really... Erin just likes to think that because she's afraid they'll do awesome things without her.

All will be well. We shall be reunited soon. And now Bananagrams.
Farewell until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Robin said...

You're welcome.

And just so you know, daughters are pretty cool, too. Today I celebrated my role as a mother. I have incredible kids. And they have brought incredible people into my life as their friends. Erin and Beth, thank you for loving my precious daughter. That's the best gift a mother could ever receive. You all rock!

And someday I hope to be invited to a Bananagrams tournament. I'm not as argumentative as my daughter but I've got some game. Let me know when you're up for the challenge.

The Erin said...

You're very welcome. Thanks for sharing her with us. We appreciate it :D