Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 65 (pt Beth)

Silence fell over the compound as she pulled to a stop. Beth looked around, trying to keep herself from panicking. She knew that voice.

"Hello Beth. Funny that we should meet again under these circumstances." He walked slowly from the shadows for an unnecessary--but nonetheless extremely cool--effect. His dark eyes met hers and he smiled.
"Greg?" she asked softly.

"Alas, no. I've no idea where my brother is at present," he shrugged nonchalantly and walked towards her. "Don't you remember me?"

"If you aren't Greg... I don't think I've seen you before in my life," Beth tried to sound casual, but she revved up her engine, preparing to make her escape.

"Alas, you are incorrect," the character leered. "You've met me many times. I've just never bothered to introduce myself to you properly. You were satisfied with who I was pretending to be, so I saw no reason. However, seeing as you've placed yourself into less... worthy associations, you leave me no choice but to make myself known to you." He had come forward now, and had placed a hand on Beth's handlebar. But she was too transfixed to leave.
"Who.... who are you?"

"My name... is Diggory," he said softly. "And I'm sorry to say this... but I've come to kill you."

1 comment:

Robin said...

Okay, Diggory is very rude. That's a horrible introduction. At least he could take a minute to introduce himself properly and ask how you are. Is it really so much to expect a few of the niceties before the death threat? I mean, really!